Yancey Bros.co Commercial Products Field Service Technician in Brunswick, Georgia
This position is responsible for field service support of our Caterpillar Commercial Product line. Duties will include the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of engine and electrical related systems, Industrial and EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems.
- Provide customer support for on-site facilities through technical evaluations of specific application, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Repair and maintain reciprocal engine based power generation/Industrial Systems throughout the territory.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and training to service technicians and customers as requested.
- Explain and defend warranty decisions; generate and communicate service bulletins to both customers and office personnel.
- Communicate cost, service and reliability issues from Field to office personnel with intent of convincing appropriate departments for cost reduction and design improvements.
- Write full reports on findings from field service events, with clear, concise information.
- Communicate daily clear comprehensive field reports regarding assigned units.
- Represent the Power Systems group in the field.
- Maintain service manuals.
- Other duties as required by Coordinator(s)/Supervisor/Manager.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Three (3) years of EPG field experience or accepted alternate
- EGSA Certification a plus
- Technical Degree or Certification a plus
- Microsoft Office Software proficiency
- Able to read electrical schematics and equipment mechanical drawings
- Experience with Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches and Balance of Plant Equipment.
- Good working knowledge of power generation components, power electronics, electronic controls, and fuel systems.
- Excellence at managing Customer relationships
- High level of responsiveness, and a strong proactive attitude to problem solving
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and aptitude to perform hands-on work.
Requisition Number: 18-0037
Title: Commercial Products Field Service Technician