The Industrial Company Machinist Helper in Savannah, Georgia
Location: Savannah, GA, US
Date: Apr 19, 2018
TIC - The Industrial Company Marine and Heavy Civil is a direct hire marine and heavy civil contractor located in Savannah, GA. We provide a great opportunity for those hardworking individuals seeking an exciting, challenging career. As a contractor, our markets served include large dock construction and repair, bridge construction, road construction, mechanical bridge rehabilitation and retrofitting, foundation pile, drainage structures, shop fabrication, industrial maintenance, and various concrete work. The majority of our projects are located in the Southeast and along the Eastern seaboard. Our unique company culture of craft professionals who are Powered by People©, include an outstanding safety environment where “Nobody Gets Hurt”, with mutually developed career plans for your success.
We are seeking a qualified professional individual to fill the role of “ Machinist Helper ”
The chosen candidate for this role will Set up and operate a variety of manual and CNC controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and drill presses to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
• Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills and lathes.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut.
• Operates and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications. • Sets up and operates CNC/manual mills and/or lathes
• Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly
• Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly
• Develops specifications from general descriptions and draws sketches of parts or products to be fabricated.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.\
===Other Duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education & Skills:
Must have own tools.
High School or general education diploma (GED).
2-5 years of related experience. PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college/technical school • Certified apprenticeship
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to work with and understand complex blueprints, sketches and manuals.
Knowledge and experience in observation of machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance situations.
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply. TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply.
Posting Notes: [[Savannah]] || [[Georiga]] || [[US]]
Nearest Major Market: Savannah