Anthem Research Data Coordinator(Data Manager II)-PS1176 in Savannah, Georgia
Research Data Coordinator(Data Manager II)-PS1176
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition #: PS1176
Post Date: May 07, 2018
NERI was recently acquired by HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, headquartered in Wilmington, DE. Founded in 1996, and now an independently –operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., Healthcore/NERI provides care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with “real-world” data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. Healthcore’s projects range from retrospective to large scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine , and medical devices safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidmeology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconmomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
New England Research Institutes (NERI) was founded in 1986 and has grown to become a research organization with a global reputation for high-quality research, innovative thinking, and the use of state-of-the-science tools and techniques. NERI continues to be a leader in public health research, clinical trials management, epidemiology, and state of the art media and dissemination research.
These positions can be based in Watertown, MA, Wilmington, DE or be remote .
Responsible for conducting evidence-based research by expanding data collection activities to supplement administrative claims data projects for HealthCore/NERI clients. Supports Research Data Manager in realizing strategic plan objectives by performing chart redaction and quality checks, aiding in data management and delivery of quality projects, achieving or exceeding project margins, and increasing impact on business performance. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Coordinates medical chart redactions and quality checks. Provides support for data management processes and systems. Conducts data reviews for completeness and consistency. Manages Data Collection Project Management; performs survey and chart abstraction testing on vendor documents.
This position requires proven data management knowledge and skills in a variety of settings from pivotal to complex and multi-vendor and therapeutic and non-interventional studies. The Research Data Manager leads activities on multiple projects. They are able to work with minimal supervision individually or as part of a project team. This position requires time and resource management skills, and understands critical milestones and predecessors leading to significant project deliverables, and interdepartmental product hand offs.
Specific duties of the RDM include:
• Assisting with or developing Data Management Plan for study design, database content development, data collection and data cleaning;
• Configuring the data content collection in the EDC system per the research protocol, and overseeing or completing peer review of the configuration for other DMs;
• Developing complex electronic case report forms (eCRFs), complex validations and data collection processes;
• Interfacing with the study team to ensure that data reporting needs are scheduled and addressed;
• Coordinating input from project statistician to ensure that Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) requirements are met.
• eCRF testing, edit check development and configuration, documentation, and user training prior to going live.
• Per project needs, programming specific reports in the EDC system or using SAS, and/or writing report specifications
• Performing data query management ensuring all queries are issued and resolved appropriately and in a timely manner
• Functioning as EDC help desk to support site users and project staff
Requires a BA/BS in Epidemiology, Sociology, Psychology, Public Health, Natural Sciences or related field; 2+ years of experience in research data collection; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Survey or chart-abstracted research experience preferred. Knowledge of medical chart components preferred. Clinical research experience preferred.
Working at Healthcore
In addition to a dynamic work environment, Healthcore offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program including a 401(K) plan; health, dental and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long term disability insurance coverage, tuition assistance, an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Healthcore offers the resources of the nations’ leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
Healthcore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and expression, age, disability, Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.